Monday, October 13, 2008

"Stay on target... Stay on target!"


Got up early this morning, started it off with a cup of coffee (of course) and wrote up a nice cover letter for a job that I discovered this weekend. Then I tweaked my resume, polished up my references list, and got the thing off. I thought it was going to take me days to get that package together, but I got it all accomplished this morning. I feel really good about the action I took on that.


At work I found out that one of the other members on my team is also getting picked on by my boss. He's a great tech with lots of seniority over me, so it felt good to know that he was being harassed, too. Not that it's good to hear about someone else's misfortune, but it's good to know I'm not alone!


For those of you who don't know, my boss just joined the team a few months ago and has already fired two members of the team. I feel like I am being set up to be fired, and it makes for an extremely uncomfortable work environment. When the other tech told me about some heat she had brought down on him, too, it was actually a feeling of relief.


Some days I get so frustrated I feel like walking out and just quitting. That would be financially unsound (understatement) in this fiscal crisis that the nation is in. I have been at this job for nearly 11 months, and I keep telling myself to "...just hang in there! Stay on target!" My friends and family are all telling me the same.


The positive action I took today (that's a shout out to you, August) made me feel good.


"Stay on target!"

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

great job JOE!!!!! I know it's so hard to stick with something you hate but you're being very wise and taking the right steps. I wish you the best in your job search!!!! Stay focused and never forget the morning Joe... (aka Java.)