Saturday, October 11, 2008

"Jane, you ignorant..."


(There’s a little bit of anger in this one, so proceed with caution)

Okay, it is the weekend, and this is an update, so I suppose that makes it a weekend update? My first post was August 8th, and over two months have passed us by since Nobody Told Me was on the air. I thought I’d do a little update, partly because I want to… But mostly because none of my friends seem to be posting on their blogs today, and I am bored.

My very first post was entitled “Here we go again” and it described the frustration that I felt coming in to work here everyday. What has changed? Well, I still come in to work here every day, but I am even more frustrated. In fact, we have surpassed frustrating. The best way I can make an outsider understand is with this example…

Several weeks ago one of the employees here was hit in the eye with a rubber ball and had his cornea damaged severely. He had to go to the ER as a result. He came back several days later and returned to work after having a doctor look at it and tell him that it was a very close call. You’d think that would be all it took to have HR step in and say “Hey folks, no more throwing balls around in here.” But no. Not only do they still throw balls around in here, HR just ordered hundreds of little rubber balls with the company logo on them, and now EVERYBODY is throwing fucking balls around in this place.

There are many other examples of what’s screwed up around here, but if you really want to know them just read that original post from Aug 8, it’s all in there. And I really don’t feel like going in to it anymore.

I have been applying to other jobs, and I even had a pretty promising interview last week… Which ended up yielding no results in the end, though. I’m still trying, but honestly it was hard two months ago, and since then the market has crashed, so it’s only gotten tougher.

So let’s see, since then my truck has broken down; the US Gymnastics Team lost the gold, but won several post-team individual events; I started running and hiking a lot, not to mention I’ve been watching a lot more sci-fi movies from the 70s; I coped with my age; got a little more frustrated with work; became infatuated with Sarah Palin and Amy Cohen; finally did the whole Pink Floyd / Wizard of Oz thing; sent out a few “please post more” messages to my new on-line friends; wrote a couple of ridiculous politically incorrect posts just to see the reactions I’d get; expressed my interest in igloos and snow caves; reported on my sweet little cousin who is an adult now; got even MORE aggravated with work; wrote a couple of obituaries for Rick Wright, and made a few international blogging friends on the whole Pink Floyd thing; climbed to the top of Camelback mountain… again!; watched the market crash; had a “birthday”; realised that I hated American Beauty just as much the second time around; and, last but not least, discovered the joys of Wonder white bread.

What will the next 60 days yield? Only time will tell!


Good night, and have a pleasant tomorrow.

2 comments:

Jacquie said...

wow. i appreciate that you go back and examine your previous posts. I have no idea what i wrote yesterday... oh wait... I didn't write anything yesterday. DOesn't it stink when nobody comments. I hope this sufficed!

Nancy Lewis said...

Looks like you've had quite an eventful 60 days! Maybe you can wear a hockey mask to work to protect you from the bouncing balls.