Tuesday, August 12, 2008

"Give it to me straight, doc! Will she make it?"


There are few things in life that really put me in a "panic." One of them is realizing that I have a negative balance in my checking account (which has not happened in a long time), and the other is having my truck break down.


This morning my truck broke down. It happened 20 minutes before I had to be somewhere important. So, I called a friend, who did a u-turn and came and got me. Then, when I got home, I called AAA and had them come tow it to my dealership where it can be looked at. I’m actually sitting here in my apartment now awaiting the arrival of the tow truck…


I have a nice balance in my checking account, so I’m hopeful that I will be able to afford this. But what I’m really feeling right now (aside from annoyed) is grateful. Grateful that I had a buddy willing to do a u-turn and come pick me up this morning. Grateful that I have thoughtful parents who keep renewing my AAA membership each year even though they live in Virginia and I live in Arizona. Grateful that I have money in my bank account. Grateful that I have a job to replace the money in my bank account which will be undoubtedly drained after this. Grateful that I have family and friends who can come to my aid should I need it… Just grateful.


It’s my “Sunday.” Here I sit, waiting for someone to come tow my broken baby away. I could think of a lot better ways to spend my weekend, but in the grand scheme of things this really isn’t so bad.

1 comment:

Jacquie said...

Nice truck!!! I hope it doesn't cost too much to repair. Nice picture too... see ... pictures add a nice touch to the posts ;)