Sunday, August 17, 2008

The ABCs of Joe


I got this idea off a friend’s blog. Here we go…

A is for age:

over 30, and that’s all I’m saying


B is for booze of choice:

I don’t drink


C is for career:

miserable computer tech working in a call center


D is for your dog's name:

I don’t have a dog, but I love dogs and want one. I think I want children, too… But should probably try a dog first!

E is for essential items you use everyday:

coffee- without that there is nothing


F is for favorite song(s) at the moment:

Comfortably Numb, by Pink Floyd.
I am sad to report that the song was actually written by David Gilmour, and not Roger Waters. I decided to stand on the Waters side of the fence after the band split up in 1984. I’m not saying anything bad about David Gilmour, just that I wish I could say that my favorite Floyd song was written by Waters. And it’s not. Good job, Dave!


G is for favorite games:

Football, to watch. I used to be a lot more into it than I am these days. I’ve actually road tripped hundreds of miles numerous times just to see an NFL game.
My favorite game to play is a video game called Star Wars Battlefront. I have a few friends at work who log in some nights and the three of us play head-to-head. I have to be honest and say that frequently there are little 10 year old kids in there from Germany and Australia who kick my butt on a regular basis! LOL


H is for hometown:

A land far, far away


I is for instruments you play:

I own a bass guitar. It is really cool looking, all black with an Amnesty International sticker on it. I bought it because I had a friend who played guitar, and he suggested we jam together… Then he moved away. Now I have this cool looking bass sitting on a stand in my living room collecting dust. I don’t play it. I’ve never had a lesson, and I don’t understand music. So, I guess the real answer is “none.”


J is for jam or jelly you like:

Strawberry. What red-blooded God-fearing American doesn’t love strawberry?


K is for kids:

Some day I’d like to have one daughter, and I plan to spoil her rotten!


L is for last kiss:

Wow! It’s been a while. But it was at the drive in, and I’ve forgotten her name. Isn’t that awful!


M is for most admired trait:

well, let’s see… My parents are really impressed with my “memory.” Although it is only random useless facts that I manage to store in there. For some reason, they are still impressed with that.


N is for name of your crush:

I don’t have crushes. I obsess over certain athletes and celebrities that I see in the media, but those are not crushes. For example: Natalie Portman… What a freaking babe! (I sound like a pre-pubescent boy there, don’t I!)


O is for overnight hospital stays:

Maybe back when I was a kid and had my tonsils out? I had elbow surgery a few years back, but they let me go home the same day.


P is for phobias:

certain numbers (I have OCD)


Q is for quotes you like:

“You’re gonna need a bigger boat.”
“What if this is as good as it gets?”
“Open the pod bay doors, Hal.”


R is for biggest regret:

Not being more decisive while in college and pursuing a degree that would actually help me get a job. Also, not participating in any internships while in college.

S is for sweets of your choice:

Okay, I have this ritual of eating several Reese’s Peanut Butter cups all at once. I buy like 12 – 18 of them at a time, put them in the freezer for 20 minutes until they are crisp, but not frozen. Then I individually unwrap them, put them on a serving tray, cut some of them in half, and sit in front of the TV systematically downing them all. I’ve never let anyone ever watch me do it. I think it might frighten them off.


T is for time you wake up:

NPR begins to wake me up at about 6:10am. I hit snooze several times before eventually getting out of bed at 7:00.


U is for underwear:

boxers


V is for vegetables you love:

Does anybody really love vegetables?


W is for worst habit:

Hmm… I would say smoking. But I quit several months ago, so now I clearly have no bad habits! LOL


X is for x-rays you've had:

lots


Y is for yummy food you make:

For my birthday this year a friend took me to The Cheesecake Factory and I had their meatloaf platter. I gotta say, that was pretty freaking good! (Oh, I just re-read that... Food I make? I don't make any yummy food).


Z is for zodiac sign:

Taurus…. But I don’t believe in any of that crap (awful “stubborn” of me, eh?)

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Ha! Funny stuff. Among my favorite answers are ... "H" -- the Star Wars ref made me think, now where would Joe be from: Tatooine, shooting womp rats for fun, or Hoth, riding Tauntauns?

"J" -- say what you will, I'm not a fan.

"L" -- this one made me laugh out loud. And yes, that is awful. :)

And there's only one thing to say about "O" -- it's a threat to baseball!

joe said...

LOL! Yes, I almost added "threat to baseball" to O when I was writing it!

Melissa said...

I'm bored at work. Post something new!

Jacquie said...

Oh, I'm gonna copy this to my blog except put my own answers. Then you'll have something fun and exciting to read over at my page.