Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The end of another "weekend"


Well, it's Tuesday night, which is my Sunday night. What did I do this weekend? Well, on Monday, as is the norm, nothing much. I'm not even sure I left the apartment. I did get out of bed a few times to get something to eat and to use the bathroom. But Mondays are usually my crash days after a mentally exhausting week.


Today, I got up, went out and met some friends. Ran some errands. Went to the video store where I rented (don't laugh) Tron and THX-1138. When I got home and sat down comfortably on the sofa to watch Tron I discovered that it was badly scratched. I tried cleaning the disc, and even tried watching it on my computer's DVD player... But that disc is toast. Unwatchable. Now, many of you who have actually seen Tron are probably saying "That's not such a bad thing, Joe... Tron, after all, sucks!" Well, I know that, too. But since I left HR and got into IT this past year I've been wanting to watch a lot of those old computer movies that were popular when I was a kid, in a way I was actually kind of looking forward to watching Tron this afternoon. Oh well.


I also rented THX-1138, George Lucas' first movie (1970). Like Tron I have actually seen this movie, too. But it's been so many years that I thought it would be fun to watch it again, as well. Well, after discovering that Tron was unwatchable I laced up my running shoes and met some friends for a 2.5 mile run... My first run in about two months. So now I have that good kind of tired feeling, the kind you feel like you've earned, and I'm gonna take a shower and go to bed. I recorded both episodes of The Office on TBS earlier, so I will probably watch those and go to sleep.


For all of my blog friends out there, tomorrow is actually mt "Monday." The start of a new depressing week. Please update your blogs with fun things for me to read, and I'll hopefully be chatting with you all soon.


Goodnight! ...Joe

3 comments:

Nancy Lewis said...

Good for you getting out there to run! I have never been able to convince myself that running is a good idea. So those that do run are in my "wow" category.

Jacquie said...

wait a minute... when does RUNNING ERRANDS count as running? haha. Or did I miss something? I'm sorry I haven't updated my blog for you. I haven't had much motivation or time to do so. I thought I would just comment on yours instead.

joe said...

Yes, you missed something! I ran errands all day, and then went out and ran 2.5 miles with a buddy! LOL (otherwise I agree, that would have been pretty lame)