Sunday, February 8, 2009

moment of clarity


So, I'm sitting here on the living room floor in front of my new Ubuntu system, reading through news websites and blogs while I sip that first morning coffee. Referring to my own blog, I look at the "recent posts" and realize that back in August and September I posted more blogs in those two months alone than I have in the five months since (combined)!

Now, there's a reason for that. The whole reason I started blogging in the first place was because I was slowly dieing (sp?) inside as I sat in a dead end job for 8 hours a day, and I was looking for a release. I'm no longer in that situation, and the life force is starting to flow back into me. So, fewer hours in the day spent blogging.

But I like blogging, and I want people to participate in my blog. So, I thought to myself, "Self. What blogs do you read?" And the answer was the ones that are updated. Ergo- it's time for more frequent updates. Meaningless as this one may be, here we go:

Had a little party last night. A few friends came over and we watched movies, played games, and stuffed ourselves with pizza, cookies and Doritos. Afterwards we flipped on Saturday Night Live, and the guy hosting was some actor in that new film "He's Just Not That Into You." Who was he? Who cares. The point is, Drew Barrymore made a cameo appearance. And man, she is hot.

Here's to you, Drew! How's that for a meaningless blog entry?

3 comments:

Nancy Lewis said...

What I want to know is: How were you up so early this morning after all that partying last night?

joe said...

Because I was SUPPOSED to go hiking. But my friend Suzanne was afraid of the rain. :-(

Nancy Lewis said...

Nice! I love it when I can blame my lack of exercise on other people!