Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm really sorry to put you all through this.


Faithful followers of Nobody Told Me:

Since the original reason for starting this blog was to vent my frustrations while at work, and since I am now unemployed, I have subjected you to some pretty lame blog entries lately... And here's another.

So, last night I was over at a "friend's" house, and we were watching TV. We had just come back from a big holiday dinner, and I was sitting there eating junk food and staring at the food network talking about Giada De Laurentiis. (Ah, just picture it, ladies. Big slothful Joe all splayed out on the sofa, shoving slim jims in his mouth and commenting about "babes on TV." It's enough to make you drool, isn't it, girls!). Anyhow, I made the comment that she looked just like Natalie Portman, to which my friends immediately disagreed. Then they both proceeded to tell me how crazy I was for making the connection.

So, hurt and belittled I wandered home. This morning I woke up with a renewed sense of energy, enthusiasm, and the need to vindicate myself. After only a few clicks on the Internet not only did I find several photos of Giada De Laurentiis that could easily have been stunt-doubled by Natalie Portman, but I also found another guy's blog who stated "She looks like Natalie Portman, and she can cook! What a woman!"

I present the evidence for your review.

Thank you... and somebody please give me a job!

1 comment:

Nancy Lewis said...

It seems like anyone can look like Natalie Portman if you get the right photo!