Saturday, September 27, 2008

F-ing mad!


This will be a quick vent... I'm mad, and sometimes it helps just to let others know that I’m mad. That way I don’t feel isolated in my anger.

Ever since I moved in to my new apartment this past summer it has been one big inconvenience after another. They constantly turn the water off, sometimes for 9 hours a day (right in the middle of my Monday/Tuesday weekends). For the past month there have been construction workers in my apartment (again, on my days off), and the parking lot out front is all blocked off making it difficult to find a parking spot, invite friends over, or even get to the dumpster.

Last night I got home at 7:20pm and my door was open, with a property management pass key in the lock. There were supposed to have been inspectors walking through reviewing the recent construction, and they were to be out by 5:00pm. That means that by the time I got home my apartment had been sitting open (not just unlocked, but the door open) for at least 2 hours and 20 minutes!

I could have been robbed blind. I was furious. I hardly knew how to react, so I just got angry. Today I made a call to a renters’ advocacy group here in Phoenix, but they said that all they could suggest was a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. It is Saturday, so the BBB is closed. But I will be calling them first thing Monday morning to make my complaint, and if I knew a lawyer I would ask him/her about any other action I could take. I might seek one out.

I have the keys, and I am not giving them to anybody but the elusive property manager once he discovers they are missing.

I hate being argumentative and confrontational, but dammit I am mad!

1 comment:

Bobo the Wandering Pallbearer said...

Brace thyself, my lad: in most states, other than California, the laws are heavily stacked in the favor of landlords.