Friday, August 8, 2008

here we go again...

Today is my third day here at work in a 5 day week. Most of America (normal America) is excited that it's Friday, but to me it's just Wednesday. I have been on this schedule for 9 months, and I'm really getting tired of it... Who am I kidding, I am tired of it.

I never have weekends. Add to that the fact that I work 10 hour days (50 hrs a week), and you begin to feel my frustration. Lately I have been keeping my brain stimulated by reading blogs on line while here (I sit in front of a computer all day). Now, on the advice of a friend, I have decided to start one of my own.

As I walked into the building this morning the thought came to mind "Here we go again." I am going to put 10 hours in today, go home exhausted, sleep, get up tomorrow (Saturday, no less) and start it all over again. I can't even get excited for Monday and Tuesday anymore (my weekend) because I know that in 2 days I'll start it all over again.

Isn't that pathetic? Now, I don't want to give the impression that I am living in a world of doom and gloom with no light at the end of the tunnel... I am striving for better things, and have taken steps toward making them happen. But for today (and most days, lately) I just can't get that "Here we go again" feeling out of my head.

Thanks to all of my on line friends who keep me entertained with their blogs. Hopefully this will be the start of something fun.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Love it! I think you'll be a great blogger --- can't hear what you have to say!

Jacquie said...

Thanks for telling me about your blog. I will be sure to comment a lot and add you to my blogroll. I'm sleepy now though but I'll be back.