Saturday, February 14, 2009

But I digress....


Sitting on the floor sipping my morning coffee I decided to post something having to do with Valentine's Day. I'm in a funny nostalgic mood, so The Love Boat pops into my mind. I went on line looking for a good Love Boat picture to post, and found several on IMDB, along with this picture of Ursula Andress (who apparently was a guest on at least one episode back in the day).

So, I decided to kill two birds with one stone: since I have been lacking in my "babe of the month" posts (I know I already did Drew Barrymore this month, but hey, it's Valentine's Day! Can't I post two this month?) I decided to also include the pic of Ursula and name her my Runner Up Babe of the Month.

Now, I suppose some of you are too young to remember Ursula Andress, and perhaps some of you are too young to remember The Love Boat (although the latter's heavy representation in pop culture makes that one hard to believe). Ursula Andress was one of the many wives of photographer John Derek, who always managed to submit pictures of his wives in Playboy magazine back in the late 60s and early 70s (I told you I was feeling nostalgic).

Now, this photo of Ursula is probably decades old (since The Love Boat ran in the late 70s and early 80s), and you may not think she looks particularly like a babe in it- so I suppose a recent pic probably wouldn't steer any of you toward my conclusions, either (I don't know who I'm talking to here). But she's still a babe regardless of age because of who she is. So there.

For you youngsters who are interested in history, you can read more about the ground breaking, world-changing television show The Love Boat here: http://www.classic-tv.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=239:love-boat-the&catid=37:1980s-shows&Itemid=59

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Now I'm going to have the Love Boat theme in my head all day! :)

Happy Valentine's Day!