Sunday, October 26, 2008

One of those "where have I been?" moments.


So, this morning I was sitting at home in my boxers sipping that first cup of coffee (as I'm known to do) staring at the computer screen and waking up. I was looking for something interesting on CNN.com to read. I noticed the headline "Palin 'annoyed' by Katie Couric" and thought that would probably be worth a read.

It was the typical sensationalised headline for an otherwise boring story that the media seems to love to throw at us (and why not- it worked on me). But what really got my attention was the description of the pre-rally Hank Williams Jr performance! I have been a huge fan of Hank for 20 years now. I have seen him live, twice. I own many of his albums, have several videos, and I have followed his career with fascination. I don't think I have ever known him to be an outward supporter of any political candidate, though. I find it "interesting."

Here are some more shots of the rally...
http://hankarmy.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=0&pos=1


I am not a McCain / Palin supporter. I am also not an Obama / Biden supporter. I was planning to go to the polls on election day and write in Ross Perot again (I love that little guy!). The fact that one of my heros has endorsed a ticket does not sway my decision. But, again, I found it "interesting."

And since I was sitting there in my boxers sipping my coffee specifically looking for something interesting to read I guess what I'm really saying here is- thanks, CNN?

...but really, where have I been that I didn't know Hank Williams Jr was endorsing a ticket? I need to move out of that cave on Mars that I've been living in, I guess.

1 comment:

Bobo the Wandering Pallbearer said...

Don't ever EVER EVER look up Charlie Daniels' political commentary. It turns out that under that good-ol-boy image he is a right wing facist bigot.