Friday, August 29, 2008

Did I imagine this cartoon?


Continuing with the theme of cartoons we used to watch as a kid (from Melissa's blog: http://mellylifeliver.blogspot.com/)... Most people remember George of The Jungle. But, for some reason no one remembers the other two cartoons that were also a part of that show:


  • Tom Slick

  • Super Chicken


I'm not sure why nobody remembers Tom Slick or Super Chicken... Maybe I just imagined them. Maybe they weren't real cartoons at all... Except that I found this picture of Super Chicken and his sidekick, Fred (a big goofy lion who spoke with a lisp), on Google image search.


Super Chicken was always telling Fred to do dangerous things. Fred would always get wide-eyed and exclaim, "But, Super Chicken..." to which Super Chicken would always immediately interject with "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred!" I always thought that was a very funny line. And there are many instances where I'd love to say it to someone... If I thought they would get the reference. But, of course, no one ever does.


My co-worker, Brad, gave me such an instance this morning, and I said it to him. He didn't get the reference. So I'm posting it here in hopes of enlightening the masses.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That's awesome. I'm going to start saying that. And putting it in headlines.

Jacquie said...

I forgot. I was checking youtube for last week for some old stuff i used to watch that nobody seems to remember either. I will have to save those for another post though.

PS..I sorta remember super chicken but I don't know why.